.

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Change management simulation Essay

As the rapid development of modern providence and the increasingly fierce market competition, the demand of how to manage transcription switch over is increasing. Especi tout ensembley for leaders in both large and small companies, the faculty of dealing with assortment is so significant. In many case, the main tenability for company bankruptcy is that leaders fail to cope with organization surround veer properly. The demise of many fortune 500 companies in the eighties and 1990s suggests that the leaders of these companies were in impressive in responding to changes in the business environs they were unable to cudgel rigidities in their firms until it was too late. (Beer, M. & N. Nohria. 2000) In order to advance my uplifting about managing organization change, I did change management fashion model four days ago. consequently I am going to take to task about the detail of my stimulation. In this simulation, I was the CEO of Spectrum Sunglass Company. For this company, the future is graphic due to the growing sunglass market. However, from many professional articles I read, I learned that sustainable development is significant for business, our company should offer several(prenominal)(a) current sunglass products to customers who concern about Spectrums environmental impact. Moreover, newborn products can to a fault differentiate our products from competitors and provide us more sales opportunities. But unfortunately, some of my colleagues doesnt admit with my points, the CFO of my company implys green raw materials whitethorn be so expensive that depart influence the profit margins of Spectrum. Then mymission is to persuade Spectrums managers to lead my proposal. PROCESS RECORDING calendar week 0 week 2Firstly, I conducted private discourses, I interview Michelle Barth, the executive assistant Nancy Kerr, the director of product transition and Yao Li, the director of touch on innovation. For my assistant, I think I should discuss wi th her first if I feature a proposal. And the other two people are in innovation department, its easier for them to accept my opinion than others. After that, I told a triumph story to the three same people to change over them deeply and go for them help me persuade other colleagues. Successful diversity take aim soaked commitment from top management. (Beer, M., R. A. Eisenstat, & B. Spector, 1990) week 3 to Week 5In the third week, I issued an email nonice to the whole company to place them my opinion and obtain initial feedback from them. I think its central to let them understand my opinion and persuade them to support my opinion. Then I hold town hall meetings to talk about my opinion feeling to face, to kip down my colleagues opinion, after that week, walk the talk was followed. Week 7 Week 9In the seventh week, I got the advisers support, at this time, the people who was interested in my opinion was greatly increased. From the seventeenth week to the ninety week, I provide both extraneous skill- construct and internal skill-building to some people in our organization, the purpose is to let them hunch forward well about the skill that my proposal needs and make them think the advantage of my proposal, after these two levers I used, some people began to adopt my proposal. I think these two levers are effective. Week 13In the thirtieth week, I announced goals and deadlines of Spectrum. I told my company my determination to change, to educate new products. After that, five people began to try my opinion. Week 23Ten weeks later, I revised reward system, I hope I can use a special way to let them know the significance of ever-changing. After that, I repeated to use the former effective levers to persuade my colleagues. Week 64 Week 65In the lux four week, I posted progress reports of my company, to show the development of the new product, two more people adopted my proposal. At this time, I reach already earnd most peoples adoption, in orde r to convince more people, I decided to continue my work. I also conducted fly project the following week, I want to see the marketing actor of the new sunglass product, to find its drawbacks and relative developing ways. Week 74 Week 75In the seventy four week, I privately demonstrate resister Louise Orysh to ask his opinion about new products and why she doesnt adopt it, to know the weakness of the new product and how to reform. Then I restructured organization the following week. Week 91 Week 93During the ninety one to ninety three weeks, I provided internal skill-building and external building again, and then, my initiative achieved all the managers adoption.CHANGING MANAGEMENT ASSESSMENTNow I will assess my work. As a change agent, I allow 20 adopters of sustainability initiative in the management team at Spectrum, I persuaded all the managers adopt my proposal successfully. I have succeed in bringing about a significant organization change and creating a bright future fo r both Spectrum and the environment. So, I think I am an effective change agent. But I also have some deficiencies on my changing management practices. Although I attained 20 adaptors, I spend 93 weeks to get this result, its really a grand time. The change efficiency ratio is only 0.22. I have to verify my work is effective but non efficient, I still need to shorten working time to improve change efficiency. The flexibility and quicken is also important in changing management. (Kanter, R. M., B. Stein & T. D. Jick. 1992.) From managing organizational change, I learned that the need for knowledge about how to manage organization change efficiently and effectively is continually rising. If there was a code that could unlock our understanding how change might best be changed, it hadnt withal be broken. (Beer, M. & N. Nohria. 2000) But break the code may be not the best way tomanage change. The sum of organization change is that change what is invalid and remain what is effective. A successful organization know how to overcome the antibody of refusing innovation, seize appropriate opportunities and avoid risks. Furthermore, the central challenge is not strategy, not systems, not culture. These elements and many others can be very important, but the core problem without question is behavior. (Kotter, J. & D. Cohen. 2002.) So changing behavior is the core of changing organization management. Revitalization is one kind of organization change, it involves enhancing the abilities of and contributions made by, managers, workers, and the organization sa a whole to cope with an increasingly competitive environment. (Beer, M. 1990) In summary, I still have some deficiency during this change management simulation. For beside time I am going to lead change, when I whatsis up with a changing opinion, I will notice all the company managers about it, to seek for their advisements.The core of organization changing is benevolents behavior, if they agree with my initiative , its easy to change their behaviors. I think I should give every manager an equal chance to learn about my proposal and state their own opinion, this way is more delightful for the managers. So I will hold town meeting first. Moreover, I would like to take some measures to persuade managers adopt my proposal, such as clarify organizational values and conduct private interviews. Finally, I will provide internal skill-building and external skill-building to the rest managers who still doesnt agree with me, and I can also privately confront resisters to ask the agreement he disagree with me. I think through improving what I listed above, I will enhance the efficiency of changing management and achieve most adaptors in shortest time.ReferenceBeer, M. 1990. The Critical Path to Corporate Renewal. capital of Massachusetts Harvard Business civilize Press. Beer, M., R. A. Eisenstat, and B. Spector. 1990. Why change programs dont construct change. Harvard Business Review (NovemberDecemb er) 2-11. Beer, M., and N. Nohria. 2000. Breaking the Code of modify. Boston Harvard Business School Press. Kotter, J., and D. Cohen. 2002. The Heart of Change. Boston Harvard Business School Press. Kanter, R. M., B. Stein, and T. D. Jick. 1992. The Challenge of Organizational Change How Companies Experience It and Leaders Guide It. New York Free Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment